Note : USB Drive will get erased, therefore please backup all needed files first.
Please follow the instructions below.
- Click on the magnifying glass on the top right corner
- Type in Disk Utility and open it after auto complete shows it
- Select the Verbatim USB Drive under External and click on Erase
- Give it a name, e.g. Verbatim and select the file system you need.
Format file systems overview:
Mac OS Extended (Journaled) Mac compatible
MS-DOS (FAT) Mac & PC compatible, with file size limit up to 3,99GB
ExtFAT Mac & PC use supports also larger files
Partition Scheme overview :
GUID Partition Map
This is a standard for the layout of the partition table on a storage disk using globally unique identifiers (GUIDs).
Master Boot Record
It is used for Windows partitions formatted as MS-DOS (FAT) or ExFAT.
Apple Partition Map
Is used on disks formatted for use with 68k and PowerPC Macs, the Apple Partition Map is the scheme that defines how the data is organized.
For using your Verbatim USB Drive on a TV or Receiver as recording device, please select MBR as partition scheme and MS-DOS (FAT), if ExtFAT is not supported by your TV or Receiver.
- Click on Erase button to start formatting.
- Formatting is finished in this example with ExtFAT.