Verbatim LED Lighting – Limited Warranty Policy
This warranty policy is subject to the following provisions and to the detailed terms and conditions.
A. The warranty period
Subject to the provisions as set out in this Warranty Terms and Conditions, the purchaser shall receive the limited warranty for the applicable period expressed in years as detailed below. Verbatim warrants all professional LED products to be free from defects as standard for a period of 3 years.
* Verbatim’s extended 5 year limited warranty is only applicable for selected lighting products that are within Verbatim professional range, details of which can be found on individual product pages on the website.
B. Special conditions
This warranty applies only to those products which are used within the following conditions:
• Operating conditions are in accordance with the information on the products and its packaging;
• Ambient temperature never exceeds the operating temperature range -20 ˚C to +40 ˚C;
• Maximum relative humidity in the installation should never exceed 80% RH, or never exceeds the IP rating of the Product, where applicable;
• Products are not subjected to more than a total of 100.000 switching cycles;
• The supply voltage for any LED lamp should be either 230V +/- 10% or 12V +/- 10% in accordance with requirements marked on individual product;
• The warranty period is based on a burning behavior of maximum 4,000 hours / year. In case more than 4,000 hours, the warranty period will be adjusted pro-rata.
C. General conditions
This warranty policy applies only to products sold by Verbatim in the EU.
• Products must have been purchased directly from Verbatim.
• Products have been properly installed and operated in accordance with the Verbatim’s instructions.
• A Verbatim representative will have access to the non functioning products. If it is suspected that another element within the lighting system has led to the apparent failure then Verbatim reserve the right to request evaluation by other manufacturers of the lighting system.
• There is no cover for any subsequent costs, for example, removal and installation of product under this warranty.
1. Limited warranty
Verbatim warrants this product to be free from any defects in material and workmanship for the indicated period from the date of the original invoice.
2. Terms and Conditions
Verbatim’s warranty is available only to the original purchaser. Verbatim will replace, or repair, any product which is returned by the purchaser and is found to have failed due to defects in material or workmanship. If it is not possible to provide a suitable replacement product Verbatim will, at its option, refund the original purchase price of the product.
• Verbatim will endeavour to replace any failed product with the same product but Verbatim reserves the right to exchange with a comparable product of equal or greater specification and/or value.
• No agent, distributor or dealer is authorized to change, modify or extend the terms of the warranty on behalf of Verbatim.
• This warranty does not apply to incorrectly installed or operated products. All products must be installed and operated within the product design specifications and guidelines indicated on the packaging or provided with the Product. If a product fails to operate in accordance with design specifications then the purchaser must notify Verbatim.
• This warranty shall be void in the event any repairs or modifications, are made to the product by any party or person, without the prior written consent by Verbatim. All identification marks including model number and batch code must be visible.
• Verbatim will determine the validity or otherwise of any claim.
• If requested by Verbatim, the non-conforming or defective products shall become Verbatim’ property as soon as they have been replaced.
• This warranty does not apply to damage or failure to perform arising as a result of any Acts of God, accidents or from normal wear and tear, any abuse, misuse, abnormal use or installation in contravention of any applicable national standards.
3. Warranty claims
Warranty claims have to be reported in writing and returned to the local Verbatim office within 30 days after discovery, specifying at least the following information (additional information may be required on request):
• Details of the failed products, batch code number of failed product;
• Detailed problem description, number and % of failures;
• Installation date and invoice date;
• Installation type, luminaire details (where applicable), operational hours and number of switching cycles;
Where a warranty claim is justified, Verbatim will coordinate return shipment. Verbatim has the right to charge customer for returned products found to be functional along with any testing and shipping cost incurred.
4. No implied or other warranties
The warranty and remedies contained in this warranty are the only warranties given by Verbatim with respect the products and are given in lieu of all other warranties, whether express or implied, including without limitation warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, which warranties are hereby disclaimed.
5. Limitations and conditions
This is a limited warranty and excludes any costs related to installation, access equipment. It does not cover any consequential damages such as loss of revenue or profits.
• Verbatim is not responsible for any adverse electrical supply conditions, including supply spikes, over-voltage/under-voltage that are beyond the specified limits of the products and those defined by national electrical supply standards.
6. No limitation of other rights
This warranty does not adversely affect any other rights the purchaser may have under local laws and regulations.