The Environment & Packaging
- Our factories have environmental management systems in place which comply with ISO 14001.
- We use recycled materials in our packaging. For example we use recycled paper and recyclable plastic in our optical products
- Approximately 90% of all optical products that are sold are in spindle packaging as opposed to jewel cases. This is a huge saving in both the plastic packaging materials used and also the energy which is used in transportation. For example, a 50 pack of Jewel cases weighs 1.5Kg while a 50 pack spindle takes up much less space and only weighs 80g!
- Wherever possible we are reducing packaging and blister sizes to minimise waste. Smaller packaging also means fewer shipments as you can fit more units into the same amount of space, i.e more units per shipment.
- Verbatim Multimedia Markers are non-toxic. The ink is water based and not harmful to the environment.
- Verbatim Toner and Storage Cases are made from recycled material.
- Inkjet Paper is manufactured from material from well managed forests that are accredited by the Forest Stewardship Council.
- We have reduced the packaging sizes of our USB, Memory Card and External Hard Drive products.
- Our USB and Memory Card paper trapped blister packaging contains on average 90% less plastic than the plastic clamshell packaging previously used.